Small Farm Handbook - Second edition
$25 plus tax, shipping, and handling.
Since its original publication in 1994, the Small Farm Handbook has been an essential resource for California’s small-scale farmers and the agricultural professionals advising them. Now this reference has been updated and expanded for today’s small-scale producers.
The 2011 edition is a collection of expertise from 31 University of California authors, including farm advisors and specialists. This 188-page book has 11 chapters covering both the business side and the farming side of operating a small-scale farm.
- Requirements for Successful Farming
- The Basics
- Enterprise Selection
- Farm and Financial Management
- Marketing and Product Sales
- Labor Management
- Growing Crops
- Postharvest Handling and Safety of Perishable Crops
- Raising Animals
- The Vitality and Viability of Small Farms
- California’s Small Farms: An Overview
Also included are profiles of six small farm operators representing a sample of California’s diverse agriculture.
Order this book:
This book can be purchased from the ANR Catalog.
Back to Books