Small Farm News
Our newsletter showcases news and tips from University of California farm advisors who work with small-scale farmers and ranchers. Features regularly include information that farmers and ranchers can use in their businesses, as well as upcoming events, research projects, online resources, new publications and other news from the UC Small Farm Program.
The newsletter is available as a free subscription by email. Please sign-up online.
- California Small Farm conference 2013
- Homemade Food Act/AB 1616
- Microloan Program for Small-scale and Family Farm Operations Launched by USDA
- Food Safety Modernization Act
- CDFA Food Safety Cost Reimbursement
Archived newsletters online
- Volume 1, 2011
- Volume 1, 2010
- Volume 2, 2009
- Volume 1, 2009
- Volume 3, 2008
- Volume 2, 2008
- Volume 1, 2008
- Volume 3, 2007
- Volume 2, 2007
- Volume 1, 2007
- Volume 1, 2006
- California AgVentures May 2005
- Volume 1, 2004
- California AgVentures October 2003
- California AgVentures July 2003
- Volume I 2003
- Volume III 2002 (Farmers Markets)
- Volume II 2002 (Cooperatives)
- Volume I 2002 (Farm Policy)
- Volume II 2001 (Food Safety)
- Volume I 2001
- Volume II 2000
- Volume I 2000
- Fall 1999
- Summer 1999
- Summer 1998
- Winter 1999
- Fall 1998
- Summer 1998
- Spring 1998
- December-January 1997-1998
- August-September 1997
- June-July 1997
- November-December 1995
- Selected Articles from Archived Small Farm News (pre-1995) (pre-1995)
Mention of a specific product is intended for readers' information, not as a recommendation of that specific product.
Material in this publication may be reprinted with credit to the author and the UC Small Farm Program, except articles that have been reprinted here from other publications.
Free printed copies of the most recent addition are also available. Call (530) 752-7779 to request a copy.
Are you looking for our agritourism e-mail newsletter? If you are involved in California agritourism, please subscribe below.