California Agritourism Summit, 2011
California's first statewide agritourism summit was a chance for everyone involved in the state's agritourism to share tools and strategies for supporting California farmers and ranchers in developing successful agritourism operations. Participants also explored the relationships and benefits involved in both statewide and local/regional agritourism organizations.
The summit was held Nov. 4 in Stockton.
Below are the PowerPoint presentations shared at the meeting, as PDFs.
- Adopting regulations to meet changing needs
Janet Caprile, farm advisor, UC Cooperative Extension Contra Costa County
- New ideas for agritourism collaboration and promotion
- Social media for agritourism organizations
Brenda Dawson, communications, UC Small Farm Program
- Organizing agritourism support in California: Tools & strategies
Robyn Smith, USDA NRCS
- Teaching and supporting agritourism
Penny Leff, agritourism coordinator, UC Small Farm Program
These documents were provided to each of the participants in their conference folders.
- Organizing a statewide agritourism association
Martha Glass, agritourism manager, North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- North Carolina Agritourism Networking Association Bylaws
- Other states' agritourism statutes
compiled from National Ag Law Center and Arkansas Agritourism
- Suggested online reading and resources for agritourism
- The UC Small Farm Program's statewide agritourism program