2009 Small Farm Workgroup meeting
Every year the UC Small Farm Workgroup meets for a conference to share research updates, collaboration opportunities, and administrative information. In 2009, the annual meeting was held at the UC Cooperative Extension Monterey County office in Salinas.
More about the Workgroup:
The Small Farm workgroup is made up of academics dedicated to issues related to small-scale farming, and is open to non-UC academics and professionals.
Below are PDF copies of select PowerPoint presentations given by UC academics at the 2009 Workgroup meeting.
- Farm and Ranch Succession: Outreach and Research Opportunities for CE Advisors (1.3 MB)
Deborah Giraud, farm and community development advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Humboldt County
- Farm Budget Generator Workbook Training (618 KB)
Eta Takele, Area Farm Management Advisor in Riverside County
- Development of the Ethnic Hispanic 'Nostalgia' Fruit and Vegetable Markets in U.S. and Canada (1.9 MB)
Mark Gaskell, Small Farm Program advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Santa Barbara County
- Indigenous Southeast Asian Specialty Crops in Fresno County (5.0 MB)
Richard Molinar, Small Farm Program advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Fresno County
- Census of Ag 2007: Small Farm Trends (227 KB)
Shermain Hardesty, UC Small Farm Program director
- Caneberry and Strawberry Outlook Opportunities for Small Farmers (316 KB)
Mark Bolda, farm advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Santa Cruz County