Cultivating Mushroom on Small Farms workshop, 2009
The "Cultivating Mushrooms on Small Family Farms" workshop was held Aug. 13, 2009 at the UC Kearney Research & Extension Center in Parlier. View the agenda.
Below are PDF copies of PowerPoint presentations from the workshop.
- Cultivating Mushrooms on Small Family Farms (1.6 MB)
Maria de la Fuente, farm advisor with UC Cooperative Extension San Benito and Santa Clara County
- Oyster Mushroom Production and Economic Analysis for Disadvantaged Farmers (3.6 MB)
Richard Molinar, Small Farm Program advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Fresno County
These two short guides (PDFs) are from the Mushroom Growers' Handbook.
More about mushrooms:
Here are some archived articles on the topic of cultivating mushrooms.
- Mushroom production and waste management, UC Delivers article about project lead by Maria de la Fuente, 2006
- Specialty mushrooms can help diversify small farms, press release, 2006
- Mushrooms: A Fine Agricultural Crop (Jul/Aug 1993), article from Small Farm News, July/August 1993
- Mushrooms: A Small-Scale Agriculture Alternative, USDA article from 1987