2008 Small Farm Workgroup meeting
Every year the UC Small Farm Workgroup meets for a conference to share research updates, collaboration opportunities, and administrative information. In 2008, the two-day meeting was held June 11-12 at UC Davis. The second day of the conference was a training course on university technology tools.
More about the Workgroup:
The Small Farm workgroup is made up of academics dedicated to issues related to small-scale farming, and is open to non-UC academics and professionals.
Below are PDF copies of select PowerPoint presentations given by UC academics at the 2008 Workgroup meeting.
- Two Vexing Problems: Symphylans & Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus (5.36 MB)
Aziz Baameur, Small Farm Program advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Santa Clara County
- Big Growers vs. Small Growers: Olive Oil in California (4.84 MB)
Paul Vossen, farm advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Sonoma County
- Humboldt/Del Norte Goat Milk Producers Association: Producers Working Together (691 kb)
Deborah Giraud, farm advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Humboldt County
- Update on Urban Agriculture Assessment (851 kb)
Kristin Reynolds, PhD candidate & program representative with the UC Small Farm Program
- Niche Meat Marketing Efforts in California (2.85 MB)
Roger Ingram, farm advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Placer County
- Northern California Niche Meats Demand Study (366 kb)
Shermain Hardesty, director of the UC Small Farm Program
- Observations of Vegetables in Shandong, China (3.93 MB)
Marita Cantwell, postharvest specialist at UC Davis
- Organic Lemongrass Production in Wupperthal, South Africa (2.86 MB)
Richard Molinar, Small Farm Program advisor with UC Cooperative Extension in Santa Clara County