The UC Small Farm Program organizes events and coordinates projects for small-scale farmers on topics of agricultural production and marketing. We have posted presentations, links and more information from select events below.
- Agritourism Intensive 2015 - 2016
Curriculum, presentations, handouts and resources from three-session agritourism planning classes offered in Plumas, Stanislaus and Shasta Counties
- Statewide Agritourism Summit 2015
- Building a Farm Trail Project 2013 - 2015
- Agritourism Intensive 2013 - 2014, Winter, 2013 - 2014
Curriculum, presentations, handouts and resources from three-session agritourism planning classes offered in Ventura, Monterey and Riverside Counties
- Discover California Farms, 2013 - 2014
A guide for specialty crop promotion and education at California District and County Fairs. A project of UC Small Farm Program and CDFA's Division of Fairs and Expositions that organized mobile agricultural education exhibits at four California fairs in collaboration with community organizations.
- Agritourism Intensive 2012 - 2013, Winter, 2012 - 2013
Curriculum, presentations, handouts and resources from three-session agritourism planning classes offered in Sacramento, Merced and San Diego Counties
- Fairground Farms and Farmyard Festivals; Showcasing California Specialty Crops, June - October 2012
Notes, presentations and resources from a series of meetings at California County and District Fairs, featuring inovative collaborations between fair officials, specialty crop growers and agritourism operators promoting small farms and California specialty crops
- 2012 California Small Farm Conference, March 4 – 6 in Valencia
Presentations made by University of California faculty from the annual, statewide conference for small-scale farmers and their supporters. In 2012, the theme was "Cultivating the next generation."
- Agritourism Planning Classes, 2011-1012
Handouts and presentation from the three-session agritourism planning classes offered by the UC Small Farm Program in Orland and Fresno.
- California Agritourism Summit, 2011, Nov. 4 in Stockton
Handouts, presentations and a report from California's first statewide agritourism summit, focused on tools and strategies for supporting farmers and ranchers in developing successful agritourism operations.
- Collaborating to Access New Markets, 2011, June 29 in Woodland
Handouts, presentations, videos and notes from workshop focused on cooperatives and other ways farmers can collaborate to grow their businesses.
- 2011 California Small Farm Conference, March 6 – 8 in San Jose
Presentations made by University of California faculty and staff at the annual, statewide conference for small-scale farmers and their supporters.
- Growing Agritourism professional development workshops 2011 Presentations made by agritourism operators, University of California faculty and staff, tourism professionals, county staff and organization leaders at the workshops.
- 2010 California Small Farm Conference, February 28 – March 2 in San Diego Presentations from the annual California Small Farm Conference, which in 2010 was themed "Sustaining our Bounty."
- Profitable Niche Farming workshops, 2009, December 15 & 16 in Eureka and Ukiah Presentations on specialty crops and profitable strategies, including season extension, orchard management, blueberries, and mushrooms.
- Cultivating Mushroom on Small Farms workshop, 2009, August 13 at UC Kearney Ag Center Project updates and information about how to cultivate mushrooms on a small scale.
- 2009 Small Farm Workgroup meeting, June 11 at UC Cooperative Extension Monterey County
Research and program updates on various topics, including nostalgia crops, farm budget generator, and farm succession.
- 2009 Blueberry & Blackberry Field Day, May 19 – 20 at UC Kearney Ag Center
Presentations on blueberry market trends, pest management, production costs, and blackberry production systems.
- Cherry Short Course, 2009 California Small Farm Conference
Research and information on sweet cherry production, industry, costs, harvest, postharvest handling, and marketing.
- 2008 Small Farm Workgroup meeting, June 11 – 12 at UC Davis
Research updates on various topics, including vegetable pests, niche meats, urban agriculture, olive oil, and international outreach.
- 2008 Week of Blueberries, May 19 – 22 at locations statewide
Research and information related to growing and selling California blueberries.
- Specialty Crops Conference, 2007, Dec. 12 – 13 at UC Davis
Presentations on specialty crops, new enterprises and market analysis.
|Small-scale Livestock Producers Workshop - Modesto||11/5/2016|
|Farming 101: Blossoms & Herbs - Santa Rosa||11/8/2016|