The UC Small Farm Program organizes events and coordinates projects for small-scale farmers on topics of agricultural production and marketing. If you were unable to attend one of our recent workshops or conferences, we have posted presentations, links and more information from select events below.
- Building a Farm Trail Project 2013 - 2015
- Agritourism Intensive 2013 - 2014, Winter, 2013 - 2014
Curriculum, presentations, handouts and resources from three-session agritourism planning classes offered in Ventura, Monterey and Riverside Counties
- Agritourism Intensive 2012 - 2013, Winter, 2012 - 2013
Curriculum, presentations, handouts and resources from three-session agritourism planning classes offered in Sacramento, Merced and San Diego Counties
- Fairground Farms and Farmyard Festivals; Showcasing California Specialty Crops, June - October 2012
Notes, presentations and resources from a series of meetings at California County and District Fairs, featuring inovative collaborations between fair officials, specialty crop growers and agritourism operators promoting small farms and California specialty crops
- 2012 California Small Farm Conference, March 4 – 6 in Valencia
Presentations made by University of California faculty from the annual, statewide conference for small-scale farmers and their supporters. In 2012, the theme was "Cultivating the next generation."
- Agritourism Planning Classes, 2011-1012
Handouts and presentation from the three-session agritourism planning classes offered by the UC Small Farm Program in Orland and Fresno.
- California Agritourism Summit, 2011, Nov. 4 in Stockton
Handouts, presentations and a report from California's first statewide agritourism summit, focused on tools and strategies for supporting farmers and ranchers in developing successful agritourism operations.
- Collaborating to Access New Markets, 2011, June 29 in Woodland
Handouts, presentations, videos and notes from workshop focused on cooperatives and other ways farmers can collaborate to grow their businesses.
- 2011 California Small Farm Conference, March 6 – 8 in San Jose
Presentations made by University of California faculty and staff at the annual, statewide conference for small-scale farmers and their supporters.
- Growing Agritourism professional development workshops 2011 Presentations made by agritourism operators, University of California faculty and staff, tourism professionals, county staff and organization leaders at the workshops.
- 2010 California Small Farm Conference, February 28 – March 2 in San Diego Presentations from the annual California Small Farm Conference, which in 2010 was themed "Sustaining our Bounty."
- Profitable Niche Farming workshops, 2009, December 15 & 16 in Eureka and Ukiah Presentations on specialty crops and profitable strategies, including season extension, orchard management, blueberries, and mushrooms.
- Cultivating Mushroom on Small Farms workshop, 2009, August 13 at UC Kearney Ag Center Project updates and information about how to cultivate mushrooms on a small scale.
- 2009 Small Farm Workgroup meeting, June 11 at UC Cooperative Extension Monterey County
Research and program updates on various topics, including nostalgia crops, farm budget generator, and farm succession.
- 2009 Blueberry & Blackberry Field Day, May 19 – 20 at UC Kearney Ag Center
Presentations on blueberry market trends, pest management, production costs, and blackberry production systems.
- Cherry Short Course, 2009 California Small Farm Conference
Research and information on sweet cherry production, industry, costs, harvest, postharvest handling, and marketing.
- 2008 Small Farm Workgroup meeting, June 11 – 12 at UC Davis
Research updates on various topics, including vegetable pests, niche meats, urban agriculture, olive oil, and international outreach.
- 2008 Week of Blueberries, May 19 – 22 at locations statewide
Research and information related to growing and selling California blueberries.
- Specialty Crops Conference, 2007, Dec. 12 – 13 at UC Davis
Presentations on specialty crops, new enterprises and market analysis.
Agritourism Intensive 2013 - 2014Curriculum, presentations, handouts and resources from three-session agritourism planning classes offered in Sacramento, Merced and San Diego Counties
|Agritourism Intensive- Riverside Co. - first class session||12/9/2013|